fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

I am trying to use water based white gloss paint for interior

I am trying to use water based white gloss paint for interior woodwork (to avoid quick yellowing with oil based glass). Trouble is, it just won't go on smoothly, the door has little "waterfalls" all over it. have tried sanding down, re-undercoating, but on the third attempt the paint is still dripping. Any advice please? thanks!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I hope that I can help you today.

Can I ask what is the paint work you are trying to cover, is it new or old original?
My advice would be to get as much of the old paint off as you can sanding back to get rid of the ripples. Then wash it down with sugar soap to get any grease/dirt that is on the wood. I would then cover it again with two coats of a good primer undercoat. allow to dry thoroughly. I use Zinsser 123 as a good base. It is a stain block and quick drying. Then get a good water based non-drip gloss, Try to use new brushes or mini roller for flat surfaces (roller is ideal for flat doors).
Preparation is all about getting a good finish .

I hope that this gives you help.

Ivor
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 3 years ago.
Hello Penny
Thank you for your positive rating, I hope that my answer helped you solve the painting problem.

Thank you for using Just Answer. If you have any questions in future just post them and we will endeavour to answer positively

Ivor
Fixer2013