Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

I have a hole in the ceiling of my 1901 house, just below the

Customer Question

I have a hole in the ceiling of my 1901 house, just below the attic and next to the wall adjacent to the staircase. The plaster is crumbling. How can I mend this?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith : IF it is on brickwork it is best to remove back until you find something solid and replaster the area
Andrew Smith : If it is on the ceiling it is usually best to cut away between 2 joists and replace with plasterboard and replaster
Andrew Smith : If it just a small hole you may be able to tape it and plaster it
Andrew Smith : Something slightly larger you may be able to bridge from behind and insert a small piece of plasterboard before replastering