Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

We have an outside junction box with connections to a pond,

Customer Question

We have an outside junction box with connections to a pond, light and greenhouse. The green house and light are working but not the middle one which is the pond pump. There appears to be no power in this connection, any ideas?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

Andrew Smith :

Are they all connected to the same feed?

JACUSTOMER-ndpx5832- : Yes
JACUSTOMER-ndpx5832- : Can't work out if it's the pump or connection
JACUSTOMER-ndpx5832- : Sending pump back to be checked but does not explain why uv light (wired into same connection) does not work either.
Andrew Smith : Are you able to isolate the power and take all the lives out and make sure they are all connected and the connection is tight, then do the same with the neutrals
Andrew Smith : Do you have a meter to check for power?
Andrew Smith : What is protecting the circuit - MCB etc
Andrew Smith : Does each item have its own fuse also?
JACUSTOMER-ndpx5832- : My husband is going to check. We've got a circuit breaker that the plug goes into. Only got elecric screwdriver that lights up if live. Each item has its own fuse which we've checked and all ok. Will come back on when my husband has checked the live and neutral wires.
Andrew Smith :

No problem

Andrew Smith :

Tell me what you find