Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
3714457

My machine is showing h2o on the panel. What can I do to remedy

Customer Question

My machine is showing h2o on the panel. What can I do to remedy the situation.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer. To help me out, could you please provide me with the name/brand and model number and what machine we are talking about? Thanks Gary

JACUSTOMER-tca2sjoi- : Iindesit 1w8123
JACUSTOMER-tca2sjoi- : Why?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

I ended the chat and moved this to Q&A so we can have more time to work out your problem. I got part of the name and model number, so can you please send me that information again. As per the problem depending on what kind of machine you have will vary as to what each code means. In your case it is referring to a water problem. Either your line is kinked or there is an obstruction some ware. In most machines there is a screen filter where the water hose connects to the machine. It could be that one or both of then is plugged. As for the hose it's self, depending on how old it is, they do at times separate inside mostly on the hot water side. This separation will also restrict the water flow. If all of these check out ok, then look at your water inlet valve in the machine. It could be that it's out. Please let me know what you find, and if you additional questions, please ask. I wish you the best

Gary

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no kink in any of the hoses and no hot water line. There is only one hose connected to water and one waste.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information. It would really help me if I knew what machine you are talking about. I only received part of the name and model number.

Question, did you take off the hoses on the machine and check for obstruction? As for the water feed, did you remove it from the "machine end" and see if there is screen, and if so is/was it plugged? Without knowing the machine you have this is general signs stating that the machine isn't receiveing water or it is unable to discharge water. You will need to see if any of the hoses to include the discharge end on your machine if it is plugged or not. The only way to confirm that is to remove the hose and run water through them. As far as the machine is concerned, I can't help you without knowing what you have. Please provide me with the information I need again so I can better assist you.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Iindesit IWE823
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Iindesit IWE823 and I have taken the water feed off and it looks like you say "plugged"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Iindesit IWE823 and I have taken the water feed off and it looks like you say "plugged" water is flowing through the hose ok from the mains and into a basin
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply back and keeping me informed. In view of your appliance here H20 is a generic code for water problem, could be filling or emptying problem.
Given that yours is on the filling cycle you should check

1 The inlet valves are not blocked at the filters where the hoses attach.
2 The inlet valves are not open circuit, you will need to test them with a meter and replace them if they are open circuit.
3 Check the hose hasn't come adrift from the pressure switch. Remove the lid, you will see a round box approx 6cms diameter with wires and a hose connected to it. Pull of the hose and blow down it. Refit it. It must be airtight