Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
3714457

My goodman tele was unplugged put plug back in it will not

My goodman tele was unplugged put plug back in it will not come on model gtvl32w37hdf
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using just Answer

Gary :

Question; does your t.v try to connect but once it does, it switches off?

Gary :

If so then let me say I'm sorry I don't have a quick fix for this problem. The problem you are describing is a very common one in LCD sets like yours. The power supply or main board circuit has failed because of a surge it received when it was plugged back in, and will require component replacement in order to get the set working again. This repair should be done by a qualified technician, these sets can be dangerous to someone who does not know where not to touch. It is very easy to cause more problems if you don't know what you are doing. If you can use of a VOLTAGE METER very well because it will be required. I cannot stress enough, you must be able to USE A VOLTAGE METER very well or this can cause many problems. If you have equipment and would like to complete this repair yourself please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to complete this repair. Parts can cost you anywhere from 5-140 bucks depending on A BAD COMPONENT OR REPLACING THE BOARD AND WHERE you buy them at. But remember I have seen quite a few people destroy perfectly good sets by not knowing what they are doing so just take that as a caution. A good repair shop will run you somewhere between $100-$250 to repair this for you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!