canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

I have had installed an artiston FAST 11 instant hot water

Customer Question

I have had installed an artiston FAST 11 instant hot water heater. The pilot light is lit but when I turn hot tap on the water doesn't get hot. We have non mains low pressure water from a tank approx 3m above the height of the boiler.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Were you replacing a water heater? If so what size gas line is connected? There may also not be enough water pressure to activate the flow sensor also. Do you have very low water pressure going through it?

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : This is a brand new heater on a brand new system. Water flows through all taps and shower, albeit at a low pressure as stated earlier ( off grid non mains tank 3m above water heater)
JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : The gas is via a 12mm copper pipe from a butane bottle supply ( have tried using 2 gas bottles in parallel as advised by manual)
canuck the pro :

Have you set all the dip switches to the correct settings?

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : What is a dip switch?
canuck the pro :

I have not looked at the manual but there should be settings for fuel type and elevation.

canuck the pro :

Have you measured that the minimum water pressure is being reached?

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : Them manual does not details any settings for fuel type or elevation
JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : The manual only gives a max water pressure not a min.
canuck the pro :

How about the minimum water flow? Is that being reached? Is there any error code?

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : Please refer to the model as specified artist on FAST 11, no minimum water flow is detailed for the mode. In the manual. Where would I see an error code. The model is very basic other are no readout ? I think you should be looking at info for this model ?
JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : Sorry artiston Fast 11
canuck the pro :

Is it artiston or ariston?

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : Ariston FAST 11
canuck the pro :

Do you have more information about the model? Is there a model number?

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : FAST 11 FI. That is exactly what it says on the manual
JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : Battery on tablet low, no other means of communication will have to come back to after charging unless you are fast thanks
canuck the pro :

I cannot find anything about that model. Is it discontinued?

canuck the pro :

I am going to opt out since I do not have any information on that model.

JACUSTOMER-cwac0c2i- : No the model is current. Please confirm that my deposit is returned thanks