Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
3714457

Our rangemaster dual fuel oven blew tonight and has messed up our electrics. We have been

Customer Question

Our rangemaster dual fuel oven blew tonight and has messed up our electrics. We have been told to remove fuse from cooker but where is it? Is this an electrical fault our. Other electrical items are not working and lights are flickering
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

OK, for safety reasons, go to your panel/electrical box and either turn off the breakers or remove the fuse. As far as I know there is no fuse in the rangemaster ovens

Gary :

It sounds like you had an over load of some sort. It is best that you kill the power to the /kitchen/room that this is in and also to the rooms that the lights are flickering.

Gary :

Hi, I was fixing on leavine

Gary :

leaving ... been a long day already ...

Gary :

I see by the number of entries and exits, you may be having problems see my post. I'm going to move this to Q&A so you can read what I wrote. If you have any questions, follow the directions and you'll get to me. I wish you the best.

Customer:

Hi gary seems to be problems with post. We dont have trip switches we have a fused wire box? with sockets on one ring and lights on the other. Lights are now either getting brighter or duller in all rooms and we cant isolate certain rooms. Any advice

Customer:

Could the power surges be external?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back. It sounds like it is an outside problem. To me it sounds like the "netural" wire has broken ... also known as the ground wire. The best way to correct the problem is to call your power supplier and inform them. As for you, unplug all appliances, and turn everything off. Without proper grounding, you are going to burn all applianced and everything else out. It would be very wise to call an electrician to double check your home ... if could save you money plus give you peace of mind. If youhave any more questions, please ask. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank u for ur reply. We already called our power supplier and they are sending someone ouy now. Thanks again

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome

I'm sorry for your problem, and I hope everything works out alright for all of you. I wish you the best.
Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs in home repair/building - 10 yr in live theatre set design/building
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I understand that you have already rated my service. Please excuse me but the site is going through some problems, so I did what I could to stay in contact with you until your problem was taken care of. This is why I switch to Q&A and told you I was leaving the chat room. I'm sorry that there wasn't anything I could do directly however knowing your situation I advise you the best way I know how. I ask that you reconsider your rating. I do hope everything works out for you.