JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I have a Bosch BSG82000GB/001 vacuum cleaner. Unfortunately

I have a Bosch BSG82000GB/001 vacuum cleaner. Unfortunately the slide governing the motor speed has broken and now slides freely, unattached to the motore speed governor and the motor is stuck on full power.
I have ordered a replacement slide.
Does anyone know the correct procedure for fitting this part?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
Right this sounds like the slider has come away from the variable resister which acts as a controller for the suction.
So you need to remove the 5 screws on the underside which should allow the top cover to lift off. Be careful as their may be wires connected to the top cover, so dont apply too much force.
If you look on the inside of the cover you lifted off you should then see the inside of the slider, and most likly see something has snapped on the plastic slider.
Their are a few variations between the models based on year of manufacture, you will either need to unscrew the slider control from the top cover or find the control is mounted on the main part of the cleaner.
The actual slider should just be clipped into place and should be able to be pushed out by pushing from the top inwards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI James,

The model version I have has six screws into the top half of the appliance and I need to get a long screwdriver to get the last two screws off.

Assuming I can get the top half off o.k., and unscrew the broken slider and screw the new slider on to the top half of the machine how exactly does the slider clip into place?

Do you just have to align the variable resistor and the slider when closing the top with the slider being pushed into the resistor by the closing of the top half?

I look forward to hearing form you when you have a moment.

Regards,

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
I have been looking but cant find any diagrams or pictures to help explain. But the two variations of the model I have seen both and little luggs you push in and it comes free, but to be honest just pushing it inwards free's it anyway, and clipping it back in is just placing it in the right direction and just push it in until it clicks.
In terms of aligning the resister, if its the one which screws on to the top case its fairly simple as you will see a grove which fits into the resister.
The other type just set the resister it to either high or low and the same for the slider and it should be easy enough to align them.
JamesI, Developer
Experience: I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

Thanks for your note.

I guess until I get the part and the long screwdriver I need I this is as far as it goes as I will not be able to see the resistor etc until I have these things.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,