JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Should the green light on the receiver always be alite when

Should the green light on the receiver always be alite when there is a demand for heating?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
Hi can you please advise the make and model of the unit.
In most cases the light should stay always on to show its connected \ sync'd to the transmitter, and flash when in sync mode.
However they are all different, if you send me the details of the unit I can double check for you.
Are you having any issues with the heating system, or just wanting to double check about the light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi . Yes I am having issues with my heating. The boiler guy came out yesterday and said that the green lightnon the relay should stay on all the time there is a need for heat. The unit is a honeywell cm927 model. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thankyou

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so the receiver (relay) I am guessing is a BRD91
The green LED indicates the status of the relay
output:
• Green LED on = relay on
• Green LED off = relay off
So to answer your question yes the Green LED should be on when its calling for heat, and should appear when ever the flame icon is on the LCD panel of your CM927.