fixer2013
fixer2013, Handyperson
Experience:  I am able to supply most answers for DIY projects, as I have many years experience
74591549

I have by mistake used standard plasterboard on my bathroom

I have by mistake used standard plasterboard on my bathroom ceiling. I intend to use a lining paper and water resistant paint but is there anything else I can do to improve the waterproof capacity of the plasterboards.
Also, I have used a small amount of standard plasterboard above the old door frame which I intend to tile. How best can I prepare the plasterboard ready for tiling.
Steve
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 2 years ago.
Hello Steve,
I Have recently used an Ardex WPC tanking set as recommended by a decorator friend. This comes as a liquid and powder. You mix it into a water down solution to roll on. You can affix tiles a couple of hours after the second coat but you must use Ardex D30 wall adhesive. quite easy to do, look on the web for Ardex Tanking Kit, Gives prices,
Hope that helps you.
regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, not qute the complete answer.

What about the ceiling plasterboard - I am only papering over this and painting with Bathroom paint (not tiling).

Also, I know about Tanking kits but these are c£80 so wonder if there is a better solution for the small area above the door that is plasterboard rather than plastered walls.

S

Expert:  fixer2013 replied 2 years ago.
Hello Steve
I'm sorry for the late reply back I had a computer failure. My answer for you would be to give the ceiling plaster board two coats of a PVA solution, as you are just papering this, let it dry thoroughly then use a strong mix of wallpaper paste.
Expert:  fixer2013 replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Steve
Thank you for your positive rating, I am glad I was able to help you.

Thank you for using Just Answer. If you have any questions in future just post them and we will endeavour to answer positively

Ivor
Fixer2013