canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

I have an overflow pipe constantly running above my front door.

Customer Question

I have an overflow pipe constantly running above my front door. My plumber has tried two new Ballcocks, but to no avail. I do have two stop taps in my home, and my plumber has suggested that water may be crossing over each other. I do not understand this, as the pipe has been fine for several years. Any ideas please. I have been asked not to use the bathroom at all until, to help my plumber find the problem. any ideas please
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. When the ball cock is not installed does the tank continue to fill? Is the water entering at the ball cock?

JACUSTOMER-qlysxju2- :

Thank you for your reply. I am just conveying this to my plumber and waiting for an answer.

Customer:

Very good. No need to rate my service until you have gotten the answer you are looking for. Let me know. I will be here

JACUSTOMER-qlysxju2- :

Yes, water is still entering because the BC is isolated

Customer:

Has he adjusted the ballcock to be below the overflow? The ballcock needs to be below the overflow so that it will stop the water from entering.

Customer:

With the ballcock installed, does the water stop if you lift the ballcock ball?

Customer:

Did everything get worked out? How can I continue to help?