Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

I own a sited Willerby mobile home,and wish to know if it is

I own a sited Willerby mobile home,and wish to know if it is possible to fit a panel heater in the bathroom? I am aware there could be some reason on H and S issues but after reading a number of Manufacturers leaflets stating that their heaters are compatible with various regs ism confused.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ron, yes you can do that. just make sure the unit is for a small room. As long as you keep the heaters thermostat to a comfortable setting it will be fine;-) Also there are no laws or rules that say you cant do this, just for your information. Thank you for using Just answer and have a great day! Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I am sorry but do not answer my basic question. The bathroom in a mobile home is small and obviously temperatures would be low.However my question was is it legal and inview of being in close proximately to water would the present Electrical Regulations allow this fixing. Also guidance on the wiring would be necessary. therefore l find your answer useless.
proximately to water.i expected you to be aware of Electrical Regulations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
There are basic safety issues here, minimum distances from water, water outlets etc, but there are appropriately IP rated appliances that could work.
If you have a position you want to use I will need to know how far away from direct water contact, splashing water and steam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Do you have a position in mind?
Can you tell me the distances as requested above from running and splashing water?
Something IP65 should do but not if you can spray water onto it.
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience: City and Guilds Qualified plumber