Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Vaillant eco-tec boiler and want to replace the existing

I have a Vaillant eco-tec boiler and want to replace the existing Honeywell T6360 dial thermostat with a Polypipe PBPRP programmable low voltage ( it has internal batteries ) thermostat. Assuming that the existing thermostat is wired to the low voltage terminal at the boiler end am I right to think that I can simply wire in these live and neutral feeds to the two terminals on the new thermostat
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . you may have to check the boiler. I think the vailants have a wiring junction for low voltage and high . make sure the 240 room stat is not wired

Customer:

I had already worked that out for myself-I just didn't want to poke about in the boiler electronics.

Customer:

However I have just done that, and can confirm that the existing stat appears to be wired to a white terminal block labelled RT 24, which is described as the 24 v DC room thermostat in the installation instruction booklet. The only other wiring is for the main supply. Presumably I could also put a timer control between the FCU and the boiler?

Plumberpro :

Yes , sure you can put a timer in between , no probs .so yes you can simply wire in the wires into bthe new thermostat

Plumberpro :

Hi . could you please rate your answer , thanks