Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

Potterton Combi 33 HE DHW going hot and cold when tap open.

Potterton Combi 33 HE DHW going hot and cold when tap open. Central heating side OK.
Sensor checked and reading looks good, over 10K ohms. Digital reading when DHW in operation rises to 90 and then LED for DHW goes out till temp drops to 68 in a matter of seconds and then repeats cycle.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi , you

Plumberpro :

Hi . I will run through the fault with you

Customer:

hi

Customer:

is anyone there

Plumberpro :

Him.

Plumberpro :

Hi , from the info you have given it is your domestic heat exchanger that has blocked up with sludge or scale

Plumberpro :

When this happens the water can't move through it quickly enough , there for it overheats, burner cuts out,goes cold restarts and continues like that. Change the domestic heat exchanger and it will be fine . please be sure to rate my answer , thanks

Plumberpro :

Why the have you rated me bad service . I have just told you what is wrong . can you please have the decency to explain

Customer:

H, now for some reason I am able to connected to you

Customer:

Hi, sorry about the rating before but every time I tried to view the answer it would just ask for a rating and your answer wasn't visible.

Plumberpro :

Ok . have you seen the answer I gave?

Plumberpro :

If you have recieved the answer and you are happy with it would you mind re rating, please. But if you need further info then we can continue until you are happy . please be aware I am not online constantly but check every 20 mins or so , thanks .