Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

Hi, Are either of the two capacitors in the brother KH950 dierectly

Customer Question

Hi, Are either of the two capacitors in the brother KH950 dierectly linked to pushing the needles forward when using the mylar sheet?
Cheers ***** *****
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andy, Please be specific about which capacitors you are speaking of so I can help you with this. Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

The capacitors are the two located next to the on off switch(0.047pf and 0.1pf) Basically I have changed these and the machine works well other than working from the mylar sheet,which feeds into the machine OK but the needles wont go forward, I wondered if I could have a dry joint or if they are nothing to do with the needle circuit could the card reader head need changing or what? I welcome your thoughts!

Cheers,

Andy W.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy,
those caps are really for smoothing the power as it comes into the unit. You may have a cold solder joint somewhere but this sounds more like a motor that is getting weak and is in need of replacement or the needle isn't sharp enough..
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Andy.
Tech Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have access to the parts list for this machine, my thinking now is to get it serviced and try to identify what needs changing,(possibly the mylar sheet reader,) would this be a standard cell from Maplins or RS ?

Cheers ***** *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Cheers ***** *****

PS My email is *****@******.***

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy,
I will see where parts are available near you. its likely a weak motor or needle;-)
and have a great day!
Tech Michael