Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

Hello, I have a Samsung fridge freezer - RS21. The fridge is

Hello, I have a Samsung fridge freezer - RS21. The fridge is warm due to the fridge evaporator being completely frosted over. the fridge fan, defrost heaters, thermal fuse and defrost sensor are ok. I see that there is a modified evaporator cover with heat transfer clip for this model. will replacing this part resolve the defrost issue or do I need the control board or both ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Happy new year,
The first thing you need to do is completely defrost the unit with the doors open for 24 hours. then wipe up any standing water. Next turn the unit back on and let me know what happens over the next few days.
There are other components involved in the defrost circuit. But we need to get this far first so I can be sure what you need to change for sure to fix this.
its not likely the control board.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael