Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

My dishwasher doesnt work but the lights come on and door closes

Customer Question

My dishwasher doesnt work but the lights come on and door closes but it still wont start.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number and the age of this appliance

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

It's twelve years old from new/. Sadly I cant see the model number very well as it is so close to the wall. The number I could get from putting a mirror to it is I think G828 C 1brne' Hope this helps.

Customer:

OK, is it a Bosch or Hotpoint ?

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

It is a Miele dishwasher

Customer:

OK, so the lights come on and you close the door but it wont start filling and so wont start ?

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

Yes, that's right.

Customer:

can you check the inlet hose/valve and make sure that it is clean

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

I tried this, but I am not strong enough to pull it off as instructed in the manual book.

Customer:

OK, can you add some water in filter area and check if it will start the cycle ?

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

I have tried this and it makes no difference.

Customer:

OK and any lights flashing on control ?

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

No flashing lights. I cant help feeling it is a computer problem in the machine as everything looks normal.

Customer:

OK, as it wont even start to fill and the door is closing fine and door lock appears to be fine then the problem is with the control board of the unit

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

Yes, I think your right. So does that mean I need someone to come out and look at the unit.

Customer:

Yes you can contact Miele at 0330(###) ###-####or www.repaircare.co.uk for repair.... a new control will cost around £120 including labor however, I will still pull it out and check to make sure everything is clean with the inlet valve and that is working fine

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

Disappointed.

Customer:

oh why so ?

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

Because you haven't helped me solve the problem.

Customer:

well, you need to pull it out and check the water inlet valve...if the dishwasher wont start to fill it wont start the cycle...if you believe the inlet valve is fine then the next thing is door should latch properly...if both these are working fine then it is the control...let me know if you are willing to do this repair yourself

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- :

I am nearly 75, I cant do it myself. I got in touch with your services in order to avoid getting in touch with Miele first.

Customer:

I understand, can you take help from someone to pull it out

Customer:

unfortunately there is no reset button that will solve the problem

Customer:

Why is it Bad Service ? I am still helping you ...

Customer:

You were not even able to provide the complete model number .... anyways if you still want any help you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges

JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- : I feel I have wasted my money as you haven't been able to solve my problem. I should have gone to Miele experts in the first place
JACUSTOMER-a9ciraey- : You haven't been able to solve my problem. I should have gone straight to Meile and saved my money with you.
Customer:

Please understand, I can just tell you what all has to be done through the chat system and unfortunately resetting the appliance will not help...so the problem is with either the inlet valve which has to be cleaned or the control board itself

Customer:

Please contact customer support if you feel that way