KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on Appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Michael, I have a Hotpoint FDL570 Dishwasher and recently

Michael, I have a Hotpoint FDL570 Dishwasher and recently it starts a cycle and runs 3 mins then empties saying it is finished, Any ideas ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Over 5 Years

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, and when it stops do you see any flashing lights ?

Customer:

, no flashing lights, just runs as normal 3 mins then stops with the "End" light showing as if it has finished a full cycly

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, with the dishwasher unplugged... pull it out and then lay it on its back by around 45 degrees.. if water drains out from the bottom...if yes then plug it back and try a cycle again..please let me know how it goes

Customer:

I didn't have to plug it out, i turned it on by pressing the start / pause button first and the the power button to try a "reset", i also emptied the object filter and it is now working fine

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, glad it worked...something might have been stuck in the filter...Please don't forget to leave a rating as that is the only way I receive credit assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)