Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

Two questions;Can a Watchman sonic be powered by the earlier

Two questions;
Can a Watchman sonic be powered by the earlier tube battery.
Would the sonic receiver when plugged into mains operate show a reading without a battery.
What does an erratic receiver reading signify ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and good evening.
In answer to your first question the answer is yes, as they both use the same battery type.
As for the display, it will work when plugged into the mains provided there is a good battery in the unit and the watch is functioning correctly.
As for erratic operation, please describe the erratic problem a bit better.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Re question one; So I should be able to use the cylinder/tube battery which was for the earlier Watchman 'niveau' model on my Watchman sonic which superseded the 'niveau model ? Reason for my concern is that my oil tank will only easily accommodate the tube battery as opposed to the much shorter but wider diameter sonic one.

The erratic operation is fluctuating between 80% to 100% reading even when the battery operating the transmitter is removed, oil tank is 90% full.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dennis,
yes the size may be different a bit but if you can figure out how to fit the battery you will be fine there.
As for the fluctuations, as long as you don't notice a change in performance, then the unit is just wrong with its calculations. This can be caused also by a bad contact internally on the parts that read the battery voltage etc.
Please rate at this time Dennis, I will still be here to work with you further at no additional cost until we have your unit up and running as it should;-)
Thank you Dennis,
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Michael to be a nuisance, but before I buy the long tube type battery (£40) designed for Neveau model will it be ok to transmit to the Sonic model.

Regards,

Dennis.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dennis, your not a nuisance;-)
I would want to know all of this as well.
As long as you can get it to fit and connect it, which should be easy enough to do it should work fine;-)
I will still be here to help you if you need me when you have the battery etc.
Just reply to this message to reach me, no further charges apply.
But please rate my service at this time, thanks Dennis.
Tech Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home Appliance Technician
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
r