Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

, I have an Ariston Contract STI 150 indirect non vented

Customer Question

I have an Ariston Contract STI 150 indirect non vented tank in my loft, used in conjunction with a gas central heating boiler. My question being is this suitable to run a Grohe Grohtherm 3000 Cosmopolitan + Rainshower Pack 118323 with 310 Rainshower head shower ?
From the point of view of suitable pressure, and will the 150 litres capacity be suffiecient to have more than a couple of showers before the hot water is used up ?
Regards, Steve
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi in this case you that will be fine, 150 L is quite a bit of water so you should be fine unless you tkae 30 min showers lol;-)

Michael :

Are you here?

Michael :

I havent seen a response from you so I will switch us to Q & A it works better I think;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stephen,
Hi in this case you that will be fine, 150 L is quite a bit of water so you should be fine unless you take 30 min showers lol;-)
I haven't seen a response from you so I will switch us to Q & A it works better I think;-)
I will be here if you need me further;-)
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, but does the same go for the flow rate, as shome of these shower heads, rated at 3 bar giving a flow rate of 14.5 - 16.5 litres / min. And as this shower set up is rather expensive, I didn't want to make the mistake of choosing a product that requires either, a larger tank, or an additional pump to boost the flow rate.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stephen, yes that flow rate is very high.
I would choose a flow in the shower head that will reduce that amount of water. They should have them available as well, it goes inside the shower head;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that, are these known by a special term or name, so i get the right thing ?

Cheers Smile

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi they are water savers;-)
I will be here if you need me further.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I won't have any problems whatsoever, in the compatability of the proposed shower purchase and my existing water / heating set up ?

I take this opportunity of thanking you for your reply's and advise.

Regards, Steve.Smile

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve, you should be fine and es the special term would be a shower head water saver if they make one for that model;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Thanks .Smile

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
:-)