How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Smith Your Own Question
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 3669
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Andrew Smith is online now

How can I check the rating of the cable between the main fuse

Resolved Question:

How can I check the rating of the cable between the main fuse and A/ my meter and B/ my consumer unit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : Cable rating is detemined by length, maximum current being drawn and containment.
***** ***** : To work backwards to ensure the cable is big enough we need to start with the csa of the cable - the cross sectional area in mm2
Andrew Smith and other Home Improvement Specialists are ready to help you