Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

We have a mira element ev exposed shower , and lately it has

We have a mira element ev exposed shower , and lately it has started making a screeching noise when being used , worse on higher setting but we can't stop it no matter how much we turn the heat settings up or down . We also have a worcester closed system boiler , and have checked the pressure on that , is there anyway we can stop this noise as it's driving everyone mad ? ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that. How old is your Mira shower system?
Also does the water seem to pulse a bit or still flows fine?
And can you pinpoint the area where whistling is coming from?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael , our shower is only 10 months old , sometimes it does pulse on the cold setting but once turned higher it flows normally , the whistling seems to come from the hot/cold controller on wall , I think fitter said something about a valve fitted to stop this whistling from happening , but can't be certain.

Thanks Linda

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks Linda, yes there are products to stop the whistling.
There are many types out there and for cost its best to check with a local plumber to select one. Or even a local hardware store or better yet a home improvement store.
This will need to be installed by a plumber local to you.
As for the pulsing if that has been happening since the shower was new then the shower unit is in good condition. But if the whistling recently started then the shower control unit is at fault. In either case a plumber close by you can fix this. If you are handy and have some plumbing experience and the tools I could walk you through this repair.
In any case, I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Linda and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home Appliance Technician