canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

my smoke detectors are all beeping, I have switched off

Hello my smoke detectors are all beeping, I have switched off the power and they are still all beeping. What do I do to stop them?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. You will have to put fresh batteries in all of them. One has a low battery and even though they are connected to the power they will beep until the weak battery is replaced. To prevent this in the future you should pick a day that you will remember yearly to replace all of the batteries. You could also remove each from the base and unplug them from the base but that would leave you without protection.