Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

Michael, I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570 dishwasher about

Hi Michael, I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570 dishwasher about 3 years old. When you put it on a cycle it starts then appears to stop after a couple of minutes. All the lights are on as usual? These modern machines like cars with their electronics are beyond me! Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Jay.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, lol;-)
I understand ya!
Ok does this happen every time?
Also are there any flashing lights that are not normal?
And at what part of the cycle does it fail to complete, is it always in the same time frame?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It runs for about 2 minutes but doesn't sound as loud as normal with the water rushing in and stops after the tablet door has opened because I find it whole in the bottom of the machine. There is no water in the bottom though and it seems like it starts to heat up as there is some heat evident?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** water is entering at all is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When the cycle starts it runs with the usual sound for only 5 seconds then there is no sound of water.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you open the door after that is there any sign of fresh water that has entered? Probably not but let me know for sure;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I can confirm there doesn't appear to be any evidence of fresh water in the bottom of the machine.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again Jay,
this is a bad water inlet valve(solenoid).
It is an electrically operated valve that turns on/off when the main control calls for water;-)
Its easy to replace if you are little handy and have a few basic hand tools.
I will assist you with that when you have the new water inlet valve.
The best place to get that would be: http://www.hotpoint-spares.co.uk/
Its best to call them here is their phone #:01489 782 492.
I will stick with you.
If you need me further you can reach me after rating at no additional cost until this problem is solved.
please be sure to give my answer a top-three rating.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost but you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great day Jay:-)
Please rate kindly at this time before closing this page, I will still be here for you at no additional cost.
Tech Michael