Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

We have abaxi clean air systtem fitted in our home on the 13/9/1999.

Customer Question

We have abaxi clean air systtem fitted in our home on the 13/9/1999. 1XCAP3 half house sys. ttem with terracotta vents &NBSW control switch this is inneed of a service and nobody seems to know anything about it when I ring up please can you help
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that.
Can you tell me where in the UK you are located?
State and town?
Also who did the initial installation.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wakefield west yorkshire wf4 4py england uk. surveyor ***** ***** for baxi clean air system

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Eileen,
Is your unit for heating or AC or both?
Please describe the units function on the one you have.
Thanks for your patience Eileen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is just for clean aiir it has vents which take the old air out and feel clean air in for condentation and for alergies it is nothing to do with the central heating it is located in the loft

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Eileen, You will need a duct servic ecompany for this. You might want to try the original installers for this.But here are a couple I know that are very good with this.
http://www.paultheplumber-wakefield.co.uk/Heating-Engineers-Wakefield-West-Yorkshire.html
Or call: 01924 366867.
and
http://www.heatingcentral.com/boilers/plumbers/uk/west-yorkshire/wakefield
Or call:0800(###) ###-####
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly, You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating. It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
Please let me know if you need more help.
Thank you and have a great day Eileen!
Tech Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi its Eileen again sorry to bother you butIhave been trying the local number several times today and no reply the 0800 number has informed me that their engineer has gone on long term sick leave and there is nobody else in this area can you help thankyou

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I Eileen, Im sorry to hear that. I know its tough to find someone who works specifically on these, at least by the ads lol. But is this a control issue you are having? If so, what is wrong?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IWeknow this needs serviceing badly and we do not feel as if it should be using it until my partner suffers from asthma and it would be a big help if we could get it up and runningknowing it is safe

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eileen, what is wrong witht he unit as I am a Tech my self who works on these unfortunately I am in the US so not close enough to make the repair myself for you but maybe I could help?
Also if its simply a contol problem, most heating and air repair companies should be able to check it for you and replace the failed part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its just the filters pads that need replacing and the unit having a good thatclean I have the instruction book and all details but no one to help thankyou for your time

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am really sorry you cant get anyone to simply do this for you;-(
You really dont need a tech for this, you could order new filter pads and replace them yourself or order the pads then when they arrive ask if any heating or air company would send a tech to install them for you it takes only minutes to do.
I really dont see why they wont do this for you?
I wish there were more I could help with, I would do it myself for you if I were there;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou I will see what I can do you have tried very hard for us but with the unit located in the loft we are pensioners and will kneed someone to do this for us do you know of any dealers where we can get the filters from?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eileen I dont see anyone that specifys they carry these, but Im sure they are avaialble. You could try a search on " Baxi clean air filter pads " from your location. Im sure many will fit if you knew the size.
Wish I could be more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks I will let you know when we get things sorted thanks again for the help

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I will keep checking here too, Baxi is a well known brand I would be surprised if no one could help you.
All the best with this.
Will let you know if I find a source;-)