AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I am trying to install a door access system in my

k80Hi i am trying to install a door access system in my shed/home office and have a K80 power controller it has 2 red wires AC 110-240V to DC 12V 3A Power Supply 4 Door Access Control Worldwide Voltage was wondering if anybody knew how to wire this into a 3 pin plug

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.I am assuming you want to use a cord and plug to simply plug into a receptacle.The left and right pins on the plug are the power and the center pin at the bottom by itself is the ground.So, you connect the left and right to the 2 red wires off the K80 to supply power.There is no orientation on the red leads, just left to one and right to the other.The ground will connect to any screw holding the case to the enclosure you are mounting it inside.That will get it going.Let me know anything further needed, or if I have misunderstood the question, correct me and we can continue to get what you need,Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks for your reply am i right in thinking i just connect 1 red wire to the live and the other to the neutral terminal on the plug ?

Yes, that is correct, Should have made note in my post on the Live and Neutral I guess instead of the left and right pinsBut wanted to be clear on the plug wiring