AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

My bathroom halogens are max 35w / 12v (they are MR16/Gu3.5) I

Customer Question

My bathroom halogens are max 35w / 12v (they are MR16/Gu3.5)
I am trying to replace them for energy saving lamps as I am selling my property and want my EPC to show a good rating for lighting.
I don’t want to spend a huge amount as I will only live here another couple of months.
Are these ok to replace with or would you recommend something else?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KF6UNBU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2F1XSEVUIOBP8
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Those will work, not a problem.I do not see what the lumen number is ***** them.When changing halogen over to LED, you really need a high LUMEN on the LED or you will lose a lot of lighting output.Your bulbs now are probably in the 1000-1200 lumen range.I do not think they make an MR16/GU 3.5 in that high of output, so look for something in the 700-100 if possibleLet me see what I can find and post
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks. I have 11 spots but am happy to buy a pack of 10. Again, the problem is I don't want to spend a lot of money as I am selling the property so won't get the full benefit of the cost saving in the long run. It is just for showing good energy efficiency for my Energy Performance Certificate that I need to produce for the sale.

Ok, I do understand.I do believe the highest you will find will be about 550 lumens and that may be enough because of the nice white light they output.550 Lumen--CLICK HEREThats what to look for with them .
It is always amazing, that the manufacturers state their bulb is equivalent to 35 watts and each one is different in lumens.That is the actual light output .They make it confusing for everyone.
I found the output of the ones you posted, they are 520 Lumens, so they should work for you and save you the cost also. It was hidden in the description and I missed it first time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fantastic, thank you so much, that's very helpful. I appreciate that you came back to me even though I had already rated you.

Thanks again.

You are most welcome, glad to assist,.Ratings are appreciated