Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

Whirlpool AA800 washing machine won't start. Some problem with lid-lock prevents it f

Customer Question

Whirlpool AA800 washing machine won't start. Some problem with lid-lock prevents it from starting. Can I fix this myself?
Servicetag: 85(###) ###-####
Ser. no. 340940014337
Model AWE 2316/1. Production date w40/2009.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, yes you can fix this rather easily;-)
If you are handy and have a few basic tools around its easy to replace this part.
I will help you all they way through the replacement.
The best place to order this part from is E spares listed below.
Its best to call them for this part.
http://www.espares.co.uk/
Or simply call: 0844 9777 888.
If you need a different source please let me know.
I will stick with you until you have this working as it should. Please rate my service to you kindly and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thx,

but you didn't mention which part you believe is faulty? Is it the lock? The Lid? The logic control, a sensor or....
Jarl

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, the part is called the lid switch. It simply unplugs from the wiring clip and install very easily on that model.You will see when you have the new part. And when you have that please reply to this message for help doing this;-)Don't forget to rate my service at this time, it doesn't cost anything additional to rate but its the only way I receive credit for my time with you.Thanks so much.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi again Michael,

there are many lock parts for Whirllpool AWE2316 (859323140080) on this website. Could you tell me which? Part number and exact name?

Jarl

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi lol, I know,thats why I recommended you call them for this part. All you will need to teall them is that you want the Lid Switch Assembly;-)They will know exactly what you need.It really is a simply item.Thats what all of us Techs call it as well;-)Hope that helps.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

I will call on Monday. I will ask the Whirlpool spareparts store in Norway for this, since that is where I live. The worst thing that can happen is if I end up ordering the wrong part or a part that doesn't fix the problem..... .

So when you say "Lid switch assembly" it sounds as a non-electronic mechanical part? Or is it an electronic switch of some kind?

Is it situated inside the lid or where on the machine?

Jarl

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jarl,it is located inside the machine just under the lid but not attached to the lid.I will help you make the repair when you have the part.Please rate kindly at this time before closing this page, then when you have the part simply reply to this message and I will respond then with how to make this repair;-)No additional cost to you.Have a nice weekend Jarl;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thx the same to you.

The reason for my worry of not getting the right part is that the only part for lid/door on my machine at Espares is labelled

ES1423694 and named "Whirlpool door lock for AWE 2316/1".

From the picture it does look as if this is a pure mechanical door lock and not an electric switch with cables fitted onto it. Maybe you should check the part number so i don't get it wrong?

Jarl

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jarl,yes that is another name some suppliers use for different regions;-)That explains the confusion!LOL!I see your where you are now.The door lock is the switch, it prevents the machine from running if it doesn't sense the door is full closed and locked for safety. They do fail eventually on all models. Have a great evening.Tech MichaelPlease rate kindly so I can stick with you.