Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

Worcester Bosch 28i Junior gas boiler

Customer Question

I have a Worcester Bosch 28i Junior gas boiler- one discontinued several years back.Checked over by GasSafe guy when I moved in last year, was working fine until last night, now red light flashing. User manual (online) says push reset button - I did but it just stops flashing for 10 seconds then starts again. Do I need to get someone in to sort it or is there something I can do myself?

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Hi , what's your pressure on the gauge reading?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1.0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gauge is at 1.0. The red pointer is at about 1.2
Hi , try filling to 1.3 using the filling loop .then turn power off to the boiler for two mins then back on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where's the filling loop? What does it look like? And what do I do to fill from it?
Hi the filling loop is a short flexible flexible metal hose that fills the boiler from the mains .Google' filling loop' and they will come up .
They will have one or two taps at each end .open then till the gauge is around 1.3.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There's no filling loop on this boiler - googled and it's one with internal. Can't find the key to re-pressurise so have sent off for one. Won't arrive for a few days so I won't know if that will sort it until then. If it's not that, what else could IT be?
Hi , it could be lots of things , but best to work through it step by step