KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on Appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Siemens XLM16 hundred domestic washing machine and

I have a Siemens XLM16 hundred domestic washing machine and yesterday, in the middle of a cycle, all the lights started to flash and the machine stopped with water in it. We have taken the items out, drained down the machine, checked the bottom filter, which was clear, but the lights are still flashing. cannot use the machine now
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... with the washer unplugged, you will have to pull it out and check the drain hose and the waste pipe... make sure everything is clean there ... the problem is likely with something stuck there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have checked and removed the pump, drained off all the water, then blown through the waste pipe - no resistence.

OK, unplug the washer and then try tipping it backwards around 45 degrees to check if water drains out ... then press and hold the START button for around 10 seconds and simultaneously plug it back again ... this should reset the control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, did this but does not work. ALL the lights are still coming on but no movement or anything..

how old is this washer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10 years old- no problems before today

ok this is another way to reset the control... it works sometimesWith the Door closed and the washer switched off at the wallTurn the dial to zero/off then switch washer on at the wallNow turn dial clockwise to position 8 (spin) Press & hold spin speed button and turn the dial to position 9 (empty)Release spin speed button, now all lights should turn off and just the wash light should flashNow turn the dial to zero/off and then turn the dial to 40C wash ...After this Start light will flash, if you press start the washer should now work .If the problem is still there after doing all this or if you are unable to do this then it is most likely the control board that is bad and will need replacement ... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, thank you. However, we do not have a spin speed button - just a speed selector switch i.e. 600, 800, 1000 etc. it is a dial.

ok then try it without the spin speed ... if that wont work then it is the control board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, we have tried all but it is not working. Thank you for your help

OK then the control board should be replaced .... If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks