AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I have a Sebo Automatic x vacuum cleaner, it put itself to

I have a Sebo Automatic x vacuum cleaner, it put itself to the highest position but will not go go back to normal cleaning level. Please help.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.It sounds like either the wheel adjuster is frozen or maybe the rod that attaches.Lie the vacuum down so that the bottom where the brushes are can be viewed.Make sure the Vacuum is UNPLUGGEDThen try pushing up and down on the adjuster wheel as you see in the below picture to see if the brushes will move at the same time.There may be some obstruction that was picked up and not allowing the wheels to pivot with their offset arm attached to the brush assembly.Let me know how it goesSee the picture below:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I Have just tried the cleaner again, it decided to motor down to the level for hard floors and was ok, when put on a carpet it stayed in the same position and it is very hard to push , then it decided to raise it self to full hight and then go back down to hard floor level all on its own.
Any ideas?
Ok,Have you performed the steps posted and checked the wheel adjusters, brush assembly and rollers by removal and cleaning? The wheel adjuster is connected to an offset bar, and when the wheel raises, it in turn changes the brush assembly height.So laying it down for inspection and watching should show where the difficulty is on the unit.The wheels have to roll on the different floors, as the rolling on and off is what changes the brushes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The only item that moves is the central roller it is on a dogleg shaft that is driven by a small reduction motor which I think is operated by a sensor or the change of load spinning brush, When the cleaner is stood upright the roller moves down to bring the brush clear of the floor when using the hose.
Automatic machines-- more to go wrong !
Yes, many parts and a lot of possibilities.Look at the picture below and you can see how the wheel is connected and the arm.. Maybe the sensor on the opposite end is giving the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The part 151 on the drawing consists of 2 pullies, one is the drive from the motor, the other feels like a springloaded cluch and this connects to the brush.When I turn the pullies the main drive moves and the other keeps up but will retard if a load on the brush.
There are sensors on both parts. The problem appears to be that tight and do not easly move in relation to each other, willa dose of WD40 do any damage?
Alan
You can use a lubricant on any wheels or contact points with plastic to metal or metal to metal , sure.Just nothing on any belts and only use small drops if possible so it doesnt get on everything else.Sometimes those cans have a tendency to squirt it out fast.I always keep a small can of lubricating oil around, they are very handy and dispense one drop at a time.
Experience: Electrical contractor's license
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I took the cluch out and added a little lub which freed it off so I replaced it but it is stiff with the drive belts fitted. I think the answer is a new cluch ( you cant take this one apart ). Thank you for your help and the drawing.
Alan