AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

Is there a meter that can monitor consumption on one circuit

We are a group of flats and houses with an electric box for communal electricity. All properties use the sewage treatment plant but not all properties use lighting/heating etc. The lighting and septic tank pump are on separate circuits, but there is only one meter so we can not determine proportion of consumption for the sewage pump. Is there a low cost meter/monitor that we could use to monitor the consumption of the circuit that feeds the water treatment plant only?

Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.I would suggest, an inline kw monitor, so that you actually record the amount of wattage for the water systemCLICK HERE for one unit that has a wireless display that you can put the amount of the tariff and it can also keep track of the total cost with the usage.There are other manufacturers as well, it just becomes a personal preference as they will all perform the needed task and keep record of usage and costs ..There will even be some on that same pageThey can be installed on any line to the consumer unit or out of the consumer unit.Should work well for your application.Any questions, let me knowThanks