Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds Qualified plumber
46681511

I have a problem with my heating and water control timer.

Hello I have a problem with my heating and water control timer. The boiler works and I can get heating and water if I manually move the timer dial. Could you tell me if there are any devices I can use to make it come on automatically. I have an old boiler called a Potterton Kingfisher CF50.
I look forward to hearing from you
From Mrs Donald
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
You will find it easier to replace the timer with one on the wall and rewire the boiler. Quite simple to do for a decent heating engineer or electrician.You could then choose whatever programmer you want.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have discovered i need a Danfoss Randall 3060 should I buy one on line or do I tell the heating engineer what i need so that they can bring it with them. Also could you give me some idea how long it will take to replace as costs go up with longer time.

Best wishes

Mrs Donald

It should take between 30mins and an hour.You can probably buy it online at the same price as he can from his local merchant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just wanted to say thank you for your answer Andrew. I will take your advice. It was very good and has taken away the stress I was feeling about getting this work done.

No problem.Come back if you need me again