canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

I would like a quote in respect of unlocking & replacing a

Customer Question

I would like a quote in respect of unlocking & replacing a basic mortice lock to my apartment door as I have misplaced the key. Thank you - my property is on Bachelors Walk which is located beside O'Connell Bridge in Dublin City Centre.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Do you have access to both inside and outside of the door? Are you a bit handy or are you certainly going to get s service to repair the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I have already stated the door is locked and I have mislaid the key. I do not quite understand your query regarding being 'handy' ... I require your services in unlocking my door.

I did not know if you had access to the inside. If you are handy and have access to the inside you could remove the lock assembly and bring it to a local locksmith and have it re-keyed for a new key. Unfortunately if there is no access then you would have to call out a locksmith or if there is a gap then saw the dead bolt and replace the whole lock assembly.