Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

My Rehema advanta 18v is off by the thermostat and main

Customer Question

My Rehema advanta 18v is off by the thermostat and main controller but the rads are on? Can you please help?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi . most likely you have a sticking central heating motorised valve . do you know where your motorised valves are. Google motorised valves to see what they look like . once you find them ( normally by the hot water tank ) let me know and I can talk you through checking it .
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Found them ūüėÄ

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
That's great .do you have two or one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Two

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK ,thanks. There will be one on a pipe running into the hot water tank , that's the hot water one. The other one will be the central heating one, does it have model name and number on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Drayton za5?

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , there will be a lever on one side . can you see if it is all the way over to the right?.this would indicate it is open and powered up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its to the left?

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK and is the boiler and controls still on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The boiler is still on but.the control.and thermostat is off?

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK , are the rads still heating up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yep their all on. Feels like im abroad in here haha

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
That's as close to summer as well get lol. So is the boiler on and running ? ( sorry but I'm repeating myself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Illmake the most of it haha. Yep its still on and running

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , is your hot water still heating up too . to check this are the pipes hot going in and out of the hot water tank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK , then it won't be that heating motorised valve . I think it's most likely an issue with the programmer . can you tell me what make and model it is , please , thanks .
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , it will be the programmer or the boiler pcb. It would need a multimeter electrical tester to determine the two .