AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I am Wanting to replace an old 2 gang 1 way switch with a lightwaverf

I am Wanting to replace an old 2 gang 1 way switch with a lightwaverf dimmer, but all the wires inside the old switch are RED. The live feed goes to COM and is looped to L2, and Light 1 is wired to the other COM and Light 2 is wired to the other L2.
The Lightwaverf switch should have the live feed going to L which is looped with the other L and the two Lights go to each of the X terminals.
My question is: is the old switched wired wrongly(although it works OK). - should the two COM be connected and the Lights going to L1 and L2?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Thank you for all the details on the situation.While it is most common to use the Com point on a switch for the input Live wire and the L2 point for the switched Live to the fixture, wiring it in reverse will still function properly and cause no issues.This is for the one way switching only, as it is merely one contact between the 2 points.On the new one, just take the Live feed that is now on the Com of the old one and use for it for your two L connections and wire the light switched lives wires accordingly to the X terminals. Let me know anything further needed,Thanks