AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I've bought a baumatic BO67OSS 60cm multifunction pyrolytic

Hi! I've bought a baumatic BO67OSS 60cm multifunction pyrolytic built in single oven with joystick control. In the manual it says there is a self clean option. I've gone through all the menu options on the oven & I can't see the self clean symbol. Can you please help?
Samantha
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Hi Samantha, sorry to hear on the confusion.The oven does have a self clean feature and if will look at the picture uploaded below, hopefully it will clear the matter up and you will be able to perform your cleaning as needed.Thanks
Labeling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I saw this explanation in the instruction manual but that diagram is not showing on my oven when I am going through the menu options on the joystick. Can you tell me exactly which buttons I need to press on the oven to find the self clean?
Ok,The second picture using the joystick is supposed to sequence through the menu optionsSelecting an oven function oOnce the oven is switched on, turn the joystick control knob until the cooking function segment (MENU) is lit.o Press the joystick control knob once to select the MENU segment.The oven function display (1) will show the cooking function that is currently selected.o To select a different cooking function, turn the joystick control knob until the cooking function symbol that you require appears on the oven function display (1).o The frame around the cooking function symbol will flash, to confirm the cooking function, press the joystick control knob again.o If you do not confirm the cooking function within 10 seconds, the oven will begin the cooking cycle automatically
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I've gone through all the options in the menu screen using the joystick & every function symbol is appearing on the display screen apart from the one for the self clean. Could this be a fault on the oven? Samantha
Ok,Very strange indeed Samantha.It certainly sounds like the self clean was left out of the program.Or else your model isn't designated as a Pyrolytic modelLook at the time shown on your clock. Does it have the Letter P above the time?As you can see here form the manual, it must show a P to be the Pyrolytic and have the self cleaning feature:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Manual statement:The numbers on the timer display (6) will flash 00:00. The letter “P” on the top indicates that your oven is a pyrolytic model. Before you can select a cooking function or set a temperature, you must set the appliance into manual operation mode and set the time of day.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If all other features are found while scrolling through the menu, it may be yours does not have the option
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no letter P on it. Which is a shame as it was sold to me as self cleaning.Thanks for all your help. Samantha