AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

Trinity Bendix fan double oven. SE454. Is it

Customer Question

Trinity Bendix fan double oven. SE454. Is it safe to replace glass cover over badly broken bulb and switch electricity on again
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.If the bulb is broken and you apply power, if the filaments are exposed to air there will be a large sparking to take place and it can be dangerous.Is there no way to get the old bulb out?With power off, you can use needle nose pliers and get a screw in bulb out of the base is still in the socket.You put the pliers inside the bulb socket and pull them tight against the outside edges and unscrew the bulb.Or, an old bar of soap and push into the bulb base and use it to unsrcew the remnants, the soap hols well to unscrew. Or maybe there is another reason for not removing the bulb? Let me know,thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tommy
I will try what you suggest tomorrow as I am too tired now and we will have salad and ham tonight. ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, Tommy, With the help of my cleaning lady and your instructions, we have removed the old bulb. Now it is a matter of trying to get a new one in ! ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have got the old bulb out thanks so much for your suggestion. Now it is just a question of getting and screwing new one in
Excellent, good work. You are most welcome, glad to assist on the situation.The reason oven bulbs are so tight is the heat factor and have used that technique many times to remove them and also in light fixtures.Thanks for the rating, it is appreciated