canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

Place your deposit of £20 and get your answer in real-time now. Your question: "WHAT

Customer Question

Place your deposit of £20 and get your answer in real-time now.
Your question: "WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH MY 2008 INDESIT WASHING MACHINE IWE91480 ? IT WILL SPIN , BUT IT WILL NOT WASH AND IT ALSO HAVE THE ERROR CODE F06. HOW CAN I RESET IT?"
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The error indicates a door lock failure. Unfortunately there is not a reset besides repairing the issue. It could be the door lock is not engaging because of the lock mechanism not engaging properly because the peg is broken off or misaligned. It could also be a fault in the control board. If it is a mechanical fault like a faulty lock mechanism then it may require the lock mechanism be replaced, which is the most likely cause of the fault. If it is an electronic fault then unplugging the machine for 30 minutes may correct it but the likely repair of that fault would be replacing the control board.