AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

My House has been fitted with the Philips dynalite system for

My House has been fitted with the Philips dynalite system for the Lighting, with Wall Touch button pads to operate it, the Tech who installed it, also installed the D.Touch app on my I-Phone, which works perfectly in the house, but if we are away the App does not work I only get a message ” the network at 192.168.1.115 is not available. please select a new network on the configuration page ” but when I go into the Detect network page, it is blank, and I am in a WIFI Area, for over a year now the Tech has promised to come back and fix this, but we are still waiting for him, is this an easy fix I can do myself ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist. i can understand it being frustrating and especially since the Tech has never completed his setup for you.Lets try to see what the issue may be and hopefully come to some conclusion.Please open the app while at home, and look in the Top Left corner of the screen.Should see one of 4 signsT, U or H with green on them or 2 red wrenches. Let me know what you see and we wil continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a H with green on it
Thanks. Billy
Ok, thanksCheck the items shown in the picture below, click the Blue link belowAlso, see what you get in the house when you click the Detect Network
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My page is slightly different but this is what it says
Name --- copy of Iona
Panel type--- light style
Address type. ---- IPv4 This is highlighted other one is IPv6
IP. ------ 192.168.1.115
Port type. --- TCP. Is highlighted other one is UDP
Port number. --- 0
Network offset. --- 0
Force Http. --- is switched on
Http Port. --- 80
When I swipe detect network. It shows. 192.168.1.115
Thanks again
Ok, thanks.I believe the problem is going to be in your interface. It has to accept a request that is coming in VIA the internet.When you are in the house, it communicates directly as part of the local WIFI network, so you have no problem.But, once you are away, the only way in is through the internet.There are safeties inside the interface to protect your network form outside intruders.So, if the interface is not set to accept your request, it is not allowed.Only thing I can think of at this point, is to try and use that HTTP force.It is set to off, try to set it to ON.Then verify it works in the house, if it does then you can try it away from another WIFI connection.If it doesnt work with the Force HTTP ON, then turn it back off.The problem would have to be resolved at your location by the tech to get into the interface and set the parameters to accept your request when you are away form the house.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that at least I can now tell the tech what You think is the problem. And I now know it is nothing that I am doing wrong
Billy