AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

I have a Siemens Cooker Hood - LB23364GB/01. The light bulbs

I have a Siemens Cooker Hood - LB23364GB/01.
The light bulbs aren't working because the fixings have burnt out.
Therefore I need to replace the small metal housing which includes the two bulb holders.
Do you have any idea where I can get it!
Many thanks,
David
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.David, the manual covers 2 different models of lamps. Does yours have the screw in bulbs or the halogen bulbs?Is the housing damaged or something? Normally you would pop out the old and install the new sockets?Let me know and we can continue,Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Bulbs are screw in and the housing is damaged and needs replacing - I guess along with the metal housing that it fits into that screws onto the main body of the housing.
Thanks, David
Ok, thanks for that information David.Unfortunately, nobody shows having that metal housing for spare parts, it would be extremely rare to have any sheet metal components as they generally do not deteriorate, so they are not an item that would wear/ fail and need changing ..Light sockets are available but they just snap into the metal housing. I will continue to look, but doubtful of finding anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two light sockets which snap into the metal housing would be fine.
Ok, Thanks.CLICK HERE for the bulb socketsThey still show in stock at this timeLooks like they make it easy to wire also, All you have to do, is snip the old wires off at the socket base, strip them back to expose copper, then they just plug into the new socket back.If you look on the sides of the socket, you will see the little clips that snap into the hole and keep it in place.When removing the old ones, you push those side clips inward towards the socket and it should slide out the opening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks!
You are most welcome, glad to assist on the situation. Wish the other metal part was available, but manufacturers only like those quick disposable parts for spares.If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.Otherwise, if you have all the information necessary-please don’t forget to perform the rating, so that I may receive credit for assisting on the situation.It is appreciated
Experience: Electrical contractor's license