canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Handyman
64367226

My garage floor is leaking, it was joined with the neighbours,

Customer Question

my garage floor is leaking, it was joined with the neighbours, but they had there's moved, now there is water coming through my garage floor. what can I do to stop this?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The issue is poor drainage around the garage. There really is not an easy solution. The outside foundation would have to be dug up and drainage installed around the foundation to prevent this from happening anymore. Unfortunately the neighbour must have had a good drainage around theirs before it was moved and now you will have to improve yours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike, the drainage was on my neighbours side, shouldn't they have replaced the drainage when moving their garage?
They should still have drainage around their garage, yes. If the garages are attached then their drainage would have connected to yours and if the garages are no longer connected then the drainage will have to be installed on that side of your garage and connect to any existing.