Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

Brittony se80 boiler and system has been power flushed hot

hi Brittony se80 boiler and system has been power flushed hot water is fine !
Heating is slow to circulate ! leaves boiler ok but gets to temperature quickly
and cuts off ie cycles ! Is there a drain on boiler so as can check if there is a filter
on return that could be blocked ! ? How can I check wether diverter valve is not operating
and not open fully hence slow to allow return back from heating cheers
Hi , it could be that the diverter valve is not coming over fully for heating. If it has a removable motorhead , remove it and check inside for movement. You may be able to manually move the valve to check for movement and that its not stuck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As said no manual to tell me if head is removable or accessible ! ?
Hi , if you google brittony installation manual , it will come up for download.the diverter head is pictured and has a circlip that hokds it in top of the valve . Its just to the left of the pump and called the three way valve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DONT PANIC Not had chance to look at boiler yet ! will do so in the next couple of days
Ok, no probs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its not removeable ! appears it will need draining down ! you can see spindle moving up & down when hot water operated ! ?
Hi, there is a central heating filter on the boiler. As it was powerflushed there is a high possibility that this is blocked. Its on the return ( far right pupe) as it comes in . Drain and remove the return isolating valve. The installation manual showing this can be found by googling brittony se80 installation manual and downloading.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks i am going to try that as soon as !
Ok ,no probs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought it would be best to rate you when i have attended to the boiler ! ? I am going to see if there is a filter that could be blocked to which i did mention in my initial question ! so far so good dont panic your 3 and over ar moment
.