Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

Greenstar 35cd boiler. Unable to get heating on antena flashing

Customer Question

Greenstar 35cd boiler. Unable to get heating on antena flashing on cotrol panel,also unable to use the programing buttons,heating green light is flashing.wen press set program 1 comes on but unable tochoose anything using ok button.have changed thermostat batteries and put the thermostat at side of boiler.wen press heating select button the arrow will not move from off
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , what is the model of the room stat and the reciever? Also is the reciever seperate from the boiler ? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Worchester df20rf programmer reciever part of the boiler, seperate wireless room stat worchester 3 m away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The programmer twin,heating and water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a cdi have turned power off for 20 min ,no change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also tried pressing set buton 4 times then ok once then set 4 times again but no change.after pressing set buton unable to ok anythiny even to ajust the clock,so unable to put on manual?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , unfortunately i think the boler module is faulty , if you remove it, do you have the link that came with the boiler. This would allow you to have the heating on maually at least
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what y mean by link,does this mean i have got to get new reciever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had a plumber install the boiler is there a place on the boiler where he could have left it(the link)
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes it would mean new boiler module. The link may have been left with the instructions . But you can remove the module from the boiler, and put a link wire from ls to lr to get temporary heating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx ill try that
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome , all the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed the module the lead cable attached to the module, unpluged form main board but there are no markings where the pin connected to the board cannot see ls or lr anywhere best leave alone and get new module.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, its the main wiring board . Look where the power cable goes. In there will be the switch live connections . They should be marked ls and lr , live send and live return . Put a link between these two and if the boiler is working ok the heating will come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanx job done worth every penny,😃😃😃
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome