Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Potterton Flamingo 40 Boiler. the pilot has gone

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Potterton Flamingo 40 Boiler. the pilot has gone out. I can't seem to relight it having followed the instructions
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can you see the piezoelectric sparker sparking? Through the window .If not then you may need to replace it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the thermocoupling device, but the pilot goes out even after I have held the control switch in for a minute. The thermocoupling device is fitted correctly with between 5 - 10mm of the tip in the pilot flame. Could it be the gas valve at fault?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would adjust the thermocouple so it is more On the flame, but yes it could be the gas valve, especially if you are lighting correctly .