Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

I have a potterton kingfisher mf cf70 boiler which was pumping

I have a potterton kingfisher mf cf70 boiler which was pumping hot water up into the header tank i called in scottish power on contract who informed me that the system needed cleaning and have a magno filter fitted , which I have done. spraying the water into the header tank has stopped but the boiler keeps clicking as if it trying to ingnite and does not stop clicking until it does .even when the thermostat was turned to its lowest setting it was still pumping boiling water up the vent as if the stat was sticking
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
High you most likely have a blockage in the develops from the tank into the system .the pipe would need renewing, if cleaning it hasn't worked.not a big job. But ic you were looking to renew the boiler soon a combo boiler would get rid of most of that pipework , ie the header tank, the feed and vent , the hot water cylinder .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid Idont understand a blockage in the develops means
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, its the spell corrector on my tablet. A blockage in the feed and vent pipework.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the magno filter seems to have stopped the water blowing into the header tank but still have the loud clicking noise
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , the clicking could be the air pressure . The fan or air pressure switchboard be failing and taking a while to get going and make contact. The fan running runs on a call for heat,this then operates the air pressure switch which fires the boiler. So clicking could be fan , a ps or the pub.The a ps is cheapest and the component I would replace first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
being a layman, what you describe sounds exactly like a switch not making. I can understand the fan and I take it that 'aps' . is the air pressure switch but you have me beat with 'pub'. Could you explain please?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I've got to take this spell correction off .it was meant to be pcb or printed circuit board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought PUB was too good to be true, but after your description I am sure it sounds like the air pressure switch. Thanks for your advice and sorry to be so late. Merry Christmas
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hour welcome ,all the best ,have a great Christmas. If only boilers had a pub in them :-)
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience