Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

Changed some light switches upstairs. Turned elc back on -

Customer Question

Changed some light switches upstairs. Turned elc back on - works fine but now the downstairs light switches are the wrong way around e.g off position turns on and on turns off? They were fine before though?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Are the switches in question set up in a 3 way configuration... two (or more) switches for the same light or set of lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only 1 of the switches downstairs has 3 switches on it all the others are single switches.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information. It may be a simple matter of pulling the switches out of the boxes and flipping them over, without changing any wiring, if they are single pole switches. I didn't notice before my first reply that your question is from the UK. Would you prefer help from a UK wiring expert?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
OK. I will opt out, and put your question back on the board for other experts to look at. Please don't reply, as that will cause other experts not to see your question. Thank you for the opportunity to help.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this question and refund.