Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Fully qualified plumbing , heating and gas engineer 20 years experience
77408428

AssuredElectrical. I have a few questions about the electrics

Customer Question

Hi AssuredElectrical. I have a few questions about the electrics for a a bathroom refit I'm doing.
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. I'll first start by saying I do intend on getting this all certified by an electrician, but I want to perform all the wiring as I refurb a new bathroom.The situation is as follows, I have taken out an electric shower from the bathroom which had it's own dedicated circuit which was also RCB protected. I'm replacing this shower with a mixer so I would like to use that redundant shower circuit for supplying power to an outside IP65 plug socket. Additionally, I intend on installing the following items into the bathroom, under floor heating, electric towel rail and extractor fan.The plan is to run the 6mm shower cable into a 30A adaptable box to downsize the cable to a 2.5mm and run this to a 13A fused switch inside the house and run it from there to the outside sockets. This is so I can control the sockets from inside. The extractor fan, I'll run off the light switch with an isolator switch which leaves the UFH and the towel rail.The question is, can I run the UFH and towel rail from the same adaptable box as the outdoor sockets, so 3 spurs I guess from the adaptable box? If not, how many spurs can I have coming from the adaptable box? And if I can't have the UFH and towel rail from the adaptable box, is the advice to extend the radial circuit I've created from the shower circuit to include these items or do I need to find alternative spurs in the house.From an accessibility point of view it t makes sense to me to have them all from the adaptable box?Just to add, I do intend in isolating the UFH and towel rail with a fused switch and dropping the MCB in the consumer unit to something more suitable but that will be a job for the electrician.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 6 months ago.
Hi , a whole house ring main runs off a 32 amp fuse and 2.5 mm cable, so I do t see why not