JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I'm looking at purchasing a property at 1/9 Titoki Ave Taupo

Customer Question

I'm looking at purchasing a property at 1/9 Titoki Ave Taupo but have no idea where to start.This is a older home around the 1960 I'd guess, but due to my ignorance I'm unsure where to start please can u help me.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good day, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your query today.

Purchasing a property for the first time can always be daunting, there are many checks your solicitor and bank often advise\require you to perform as part of conveyancing.

If you havent already, you need to find a solicitor, who can start checking the paper work to ensure the land and property ownership is all above board.

A home owners report or house condition survey is the best place to start at looking into the structure itself, you get many types which can cost $100 to $1000 depending on the detail they check, standard checks should be looking at woodworm, subsidence, electrics, plumbing, damp and the roof.

No survey will discover 100% of all issues, but they should identify issues such as leaky roof, or where electrics need rewiring.

Your solicitor can probably advise you based on the area and property type your looking at what are the key things to make sure are checked, and also recommend a firm to carry out the survey.

Please let me know if there is a specific aspect you would like further detail on, good luck with your new home.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up after my response a few days ago regarding survey's and checks you should perform ahead of a property purchase.

Should you require further clarification please let me know, in the mean time I would appreciate if you could rate the service you have received to date.

James