JamesI
JamesI, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Flooring gym. Would like to convert my garage into Gym. The

Flooring for home gym.
Would like to convert my garage into Gym. The floor will be levelled up using cement etc.
What's the nest floor covering for a gym? something padded? where can i get the material from (my postcode RM6)?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.

The floor covering rather depends on what exercises and equipment you will have in your home gym.

In most cases a rubber compound is normally preferred as it is non slip, reduces static, are easy to clean, wash down and offers some cushioning.

If you used rubber floor tiles they would be a lot easier to lay down, easy to replace should you need to at a later date and cost affective.

Two examples of such products would be

Storm Flame - Heavy Duty Interlocking Tiles

Slip Not - Rubber Interlocking Gym Mats

The alternative is to go for rolls of rubber flooring such as the below, however this would be harder to put down, and obviously not very easy to replace.

Slip Not - Rubber Gym Flooring